Paypal Here - changing pin number

stampaddicts
New Community Member

I have the latest Paypal Here machine, I've done the software updates whenever available.

I'm trying to login with my pin number which it keeps telling me is wrong so I want to change it.

But I cannot find anywhere that allows for these changes.  I do not have the cog in the top right corner and under settings there is not an option to change pin, I also do not have the user admin option which should also allow me to add more users.

I am running on version 3.0.8

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

LHCLLN
Contributor
Contributor

Any solutions yet to this issue? My app has recently started rejecting the PIN I have been using for the past couple of years and I can't find anywhere to change it.

Login to Me Too

AAAHOBBY
New Community Member

To change your PIN, click on the settings button (Gear logo in upper right corner of your PayPal home page)

Under info, there is a section with passwords, there is a line for Login PIN; click on "change" on right side

This brings up a dialog box that is supposed to allow you to enter a new PIN.

I say supposed because when I try I get an error message: "The phone resource is invalid" even though my phone number is correct

I suspect their latest "improvement" has given the system a bug

Login to Me Too

LHCLLN
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for trying to help 🙂

There is no option for changing a PIN in the passwords section - only to change the password.

Login to Me Too

baudwalker
New Community Member

Under the cog I have provision to change my PIN. I can get as far as to confirm the pin but the N get the "The phone resource is invalid" message/error. when will it be fixed??

Login to Me Too

Iamlove444
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue while changing pin. says phone resource is invalid!!!

no idea what that means. 

Can you help us paypal people?

its been like this for several months. cant access the mobile app

Login to Me Too

Gwharton
Contributor
Contributor

For everyone receiving the "The phone resource is invalid" message when trying to change PIN. You need to make sure your mobile number is linked and Confirmed in your Paypal account.

For me, I had the phone number linked but not CONFIRMED. clicking on the confirm number link in your settings on the paypal website sends you a text msg, enter the confirmation code you get sent to confirm your mobile.

Now login to paypal app on your mobile and try to change your pin again, it should work this time.

🙂

Graham

Login to Me Too

Alex1970
Contributor
Contributor

I  had same issues as all above have had, and I've been with PP since its beginning.   Make sure you have a MOBILE number that is CONFIRMED.   If you need help to get in there, lmk, and I'll help direct you there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.