Paypal Here Tax rounding error

GigaSpeed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

So i just made the jump to PayPal here this week as i got printers working using AirPrint with Presto as a frontend which works from an iPad
few problems so far ill do a separate post for each issue

We charge 8.5pct sales tax in my state/county

I writeup and track bills with Quickbooks

so ill take a bill i wrote in QuickBooks, which calculates tax based on 8.5pct as I told it to

I go to check the customer out using PayPal here, inputting the items from the QuickBooks invoice

Paypal here ive set the tax rate as 8.5pct as well

However, i ring up the same items and  notice sometimes its a penny different total then QuickBooks had said

upon investigation i find PayPal here keeps changing my tax rates from 8.5 to 8.5001pt thus depending on the rounding sometimes ends up a penny higher. Not a huge deal but to me to have a customer handed a bill then rung up for a different amount makes my math look incompetent, + were talking about collecting sales tax that is not due, not good

Platform is an apple iPad

how i can make paypal here stop changing the tax rate

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi GigaSpeed,

I understand your concerns.Please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. 

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.