Paypal Here Reader

mdon69
New Community Member

My paypal here Chip Card Reader will connect to my iphone in the bluetooth setting but the app does not see the reader. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of time and reset the reader with no success. Any advice??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mdon69,

Welcome to the PayPal Community, sorry to hear your PayPal Here reader isn't working as expected. Here's a Help Center article with some PayPal Here troubleshooting steps you may not have tried yet. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

NovelOffice
Contributor
Contributor

I would ensure that you have a strong enough data and/or wifi connection for the app to function properly.  I would then ensure you have the latest iPhone OS and PayPal Here app version on your phone.  Try to power cycle your phone (turn off, leave off for about 30 seconds and then turn back on).  If you reader is on and connected to phone with a good data signal, open app and try again.  You may want to check actual reader settings inside your bluetooth settings menu to see if something is getting twisted in there.  I'm no expert by any means, but I do love technology and just wanted to offer you some suggestions.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Alicia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.