Paypal Here Chip Reader Not Connecting to iPhone X

kw83028
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there. I just recently upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X and now my Paypal Here Chip Reader will not connect to my phone.

Here's what I have tried:

Chip reader is fully charged

Factory restored chip reader

Uninstall, reinstall Paypal Here app

This is what I get:

image2.pngimage1.png

I have never had an issue with the chip reader since I got it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of any issues with the iPhone X and Paypal Here, and if anyone can think of a solution that I haven't tried yet. 

I have to head out for a couple hours, but I'll check responses when I get back. Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SteelCloverSoap
New Community Member

Getting the same thing. Have tried every which way to connect it to my iPhone X. Can't pair it and get a Pay-Pal Reader is not supported. How can it be they do not support or have any way for it to connect to iPhone X? Do I have to return the reader now? This will hinder my business if there are no PayPal readers that work with the iPhone X.

Login to Me Too

AikiLad
Contributor
Contributor

I can connect mine but if I let my iPhone screen lock then it will not reconnect to the card reader.  

Really annoying and it usually means that I have power down my iPhone X to get to work.

Login to Me Too

AikiLad
Contributor
Contributor

@kw83028 wrote:

Hello there. I just recently upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X and now my Paypal Here Chip Reader will not connect to my phone.

Here's what I have tried:

Chip reader is fully charged

Factory restored chip reader

Uninstall, reinstall Paypal Here app

This is what I get:

image2.pngimage1.png

I have never had an issue with the chip reader since I got it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of any issues with the iPhone X and Paypal Here, and if anyone can think of a solution that I haven't tried yet. 

I have to head out for a couple hours, but I'll check responses when I get back. Thank you in advance!

I can connect mine but if I let my iPhone X screen lock then it will not reconnect to the card reader.  

Really annoying and it usually means that I have power down my iPhone X to get to work.

Login to Me Too

pahrump5
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem - 4 years later!  I contacted Apple and they said they're working on it.  For four years!!!  I used to connect it to my Samsung tablet so I gave it a try.  You, connected in 15 seconds!  Unreal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.