Payment on Hold special help during corona crisis

ComputerWizard
Contributor
Contributor

Has paypal started to place holds on funds because of the Corona virus crisis? I think so. I have been using Paypal since 1998, same account. Today they held a $42 purchase while there is over $300 in the account, never had a complaint, always login from the EXACT same IP number, always login from the same computer (at least for the last 3 years since I got a new computer). The only REAL reason I can think of is that Paypal is in trouble and to show better balance sheets is holding onto funds for a month rather than paying out instantly. This kind of arbitrary "Hold" has to be stopped. I have to pay for the items I ship before I ship them and the post office does not accept 30 day before payment. Crippling small business during the crisis by holding funds make paypal evil.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us thru Community Forum. Placing payment on hold will vary on difference reasons. For guideline wjy payment will be place on hold. I include here guideline for your reference

Why is my payment on hold and when will it be available?

Here are some common reasons why a payment may be temporarily unavailable:

• You’re a new seller with PayPal, or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account. It takes time to build up enough history of successful transactions.
  • You haven’t sold in a while. Previously inactive accounts may be subject to payment holds while rebuilding a positive selling history.
  • You receive a large number of reversals, disputes, or chargebacks. We suggest that you communicate with your customers often and work with them to resolve any concerns. If your customer filed a dispute or chargeback because someone illegally used their PayPal account to make the transaction, please hold off on shipping any items.
  • Your selling pattern has changed. For example, the sales volume increases abnormally, or there’s a change in your average selling price, business platform, or type of item being sold.
  • The transaction involves higher-risk items, including tickets, gift cards, consumer electronics, computers, and travel packages.

By placing the payments on hold, we want to make sure that there are enough funds in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your transactions, such as chargebacks or disputes.

If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically be available to you within 21 days after receipt (the funds may not be released until later in the day). To get your payments released sooner, use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page. We’ll usually release your payment 1 day after delivery is confirmed. If your buyer confirms they've received the item, your payment will be released immediately.

To learn more about eBay payment holds, contact eBay for assistance.

Login to Me Too

ComputerWizard
Contributor
Contributor

Entirely wrong. Lot's of cut and paste and little information.

I found out everything about your corona response and helping.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.