Payment issues

lindahi
New Community Member

Have my account set up to pay for online purchases with  my credit card.  Also do small amount of selling on ebay so let incoming funds accumulate and then transfer out.  Just noticed that Paypal has started deducting for my purchases from that transfer account.  Checked and default still shows that they should charge my credit card for purchases.  What gives?  of course, unable to contact anyone and still waiting, waiting for someone to answer my online question to them.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lindahi 

It depends because if you bought from a site that previously set up a billing agreement or automatic payment in your PayPal profile, it automatically uses your PayPal balance and then your selected back up payment method by default. Only your back up can be changed. Otherwise, PayPal uses your preferred payment method as selected in your Online Purchases settings/wallet page or choose your payment method at checkout on one-time transactions. 

You can verify this by going to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, review/edit payment method on the right.

Complicated isn't it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.