PayPal working capital decline DLGJ0656

chiwinghung
Contributor
Contributor

I've had been use PayPal for 5 years, in total took 7 PayPal working capital all paid off early and in good standing with my account, sales consistently everyday top rated and power seller on eBay, but this time decline with unknown reason, it's really desperate and disappointed during this period. 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

NinjaKato
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem.

Their reason: "We currently do not offer this type of service or product for businesses in certain industry categories" -- I got 3 mailed letters sent to me along with emails stating the same thing!

Mind you, I'm in design and I have customers that want refunds but with COVID-19 my funds have been short after refunding a ton of my other customers previously since I no longer had/have the materials to do their work due to funds being cut.
I still make sales (and have had to use those to refund customers so I'm not making much money myself in the long run).

It seems to me like no matter what kind of business you're running, it's longer accepted for a loan.

I had a loan previously for 5k and paid it off in good time! I qualified just fine before with the same business type as I applied for with the new applications.
Suddenly that business doesn't qualify??? I am very confused as to how it was accepted in January this year but is not not accepted in July/Sept of this year?
What's worse is you can't find out what businesses actually DO qualify and they do not tell you exactly why your business (specifically) doesn't qualify for a loan other than the vague explanation I wrote above that was in the emails/letters I received.

It's very very confusing.

(Adding this in):
I've been a seller on PayPal since 2012 and have never had any unresolved disputes (all were resolved within less than 24hrs).

Login to Me Too

shredplayer
Contributor
Contributor

My sales are way up, because I was taking care of my son 12 hours a day before he passed away in June, now Paypal WC thinks that my sales are seasonal.  

Login to Me Too

Jasontexas
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is still giving loans but very picky. I got 3 in the past year after getting all the same messages as everyone else. I'm in the pool business in dfw so of course with the freeze I'm slammed. Well got a 12k loan it was paid off within a few weeks so now these clowns completely closed my PayPal account after 15 year's using them as my sole billing account. I was basically told I'm no longer welcome. There's other options out there. But if you stay here apply everyday. The computer decides who gets a loan everything is run on algorithms.
Login to Me Too

Popcornman
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone been able to get a capital loan since the pandemic? We have had 6 loans with the totaling 25,000 and paid all them off no problem. But now we try it always denie is. It give a code DLGJ0905 OR DLGJO906.
Login to Me Too

SRTWY
Contributor
Contributor

Nope.  Longstanding, well-known issue that's discussed quite often here.  PWC seems to have all but halted lending and literally no one knows why, not even customer service.

Maybe 1 out of 50 people seems to get approved, and even that person is getting offers for maybe 20% of their previous loans.

Login to Me Too

verminuet
Contributor
Contributor

I received a letter in early August of this year (2021) that said I was invited to apply.  I applied on August 5th, 2021 and was immediately approved for $1,500 (I'm a small business that only makes 20k a year).  I paid off the $1,500 within 45 days instead of taking the full year it wanted.

I paid it off on Thursday, the 16th of September, and after my 3 day wait I've been getting nothing but "DLGJ0906" as an error code.

Made my normal sales throughout this process, don't understand why I'd suddenly be declined.  Now that I'm seeing all of these forum posts saying nobody's getting approved anymore (for the last year) I'm getting nervous.  If y'all get a loan can you say something here so folks know about it?  I'm a small business, but the loan was able to help me buy equipment I needed and I need to buy more.

Thanks y'all.

Login to Me Too

temp07102021a
New Community Member

Just adding my two cents, I've got over 20 paid off loans spread over three businesses. Strong sales over $2M/mo. Getting denied at all three businesses as of 10-6-21

Its got to be Pandemic fears, or economic conditions.

Login to Me Too

WindyCitySDR
New Community Member

Hello,

Shocking you do the Dollar volume per month and they still declined you even after repaying 20 loans.

I was just denied without explanation but probably due to me being a Electronic Printed Circuit Board OEM.

Waiting for the reason as we speak.

Login to Me Too

likuid81
Contributor
Contributor

We do $250k - $350k/mo. in sales and I have taken out almost $1m in loans over the years. Our sales have not dropped in any significance and we are also being denied because "Season, Inconsistent" etc. I think PayPal just doesn't want to give out loans because they are afraid failing businesses are trying to use them to stay afloat for longer or they are predicting a huge amount of failing businesses in the future and don't want to risk giving out loans. They probably aren't completely wrong, but it seems they should still be giving out loans, just in much smaller amounts. You think even a business like us should be able to get access to a $25k loan or something. We just get straight up denied and its not even like it takes a minute for the system to come back with that answer. Its literally like 1 second and we are denied. To me the system isn't even checking, its just straight up denying without doing really any checks. Still keep getting emails telling me to apply though!

Login to Me Too

Cascades2020
Contributor
Contributor
I just paid off a $1,500 PWC loan and it took me a year to finally get approved after paying off 5 loans with them. I paid it off in 2 months and received the same exact code you did. Wonder what it means.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.