PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656

tlwaljerlifepoe
Contributor
Contributor

I have gotten three previous loans from PayPal working capital. All three loans were paid off before hand and successfully. This time when applying which is my fourth loan I have getting code PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656. I have called PayPal working capital two times already getting the same representative telling me the same thing. The rep is telling me that the Acura them can pick up anything from a decline in sales to a spike in sales. I have had a spike in sales in December. I asked him if I had a spike in sales then why is it telling me my business is not eligible. That does not make any sense. I do not think that they should be using an algorithm and an eligible ability should be based on whether you've had a loan or previous loans in the past and whether they were paid off in time. The algorithm is not reliable. I have also heard that PayPal working capital bought out another company in order to disperse more funds but nothing has been done. I have looked on reviews for PayPal working capital also and found that there are several several people that are having the same issues. It does not matter how many times I have applied I still get the same code telling me my business is not eligible. This is absurd! The same wrap from PayPal working capital also told me that it can detect whether or not you put your store on vacation. So this little thing can make a difference when applying for a loan. I don't believe there is any other loan company that works this way. PayPal working capital wonders why they have so many bad reviews but they're not understanding than an algorithm should not determine whether or not you get funds or not. They need to look into this. I would like for someone from the Paypal Working Capital Merchant Services to please help me with this issue. The representative keeps telling me to keep reapplying which I do but I keep getting the same code. Like I said I've had three previous loans a total of $13,000 that I have paid off successfully in ahead of time and now this time I do not qualify or I'm not eligible question mark this makes no sense to me and basing it off in algorithm should not be whether I qualify or not. Getting code PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656 over, and over.

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

Cedric312
Contributor
Contributor
I need it
Login to Me Too

Tami64
Contributor
Contributor
Still waiting since paying off in january I have applied every day... I have paid off 3 loans all early! This is beyond upsetting now. We were supposed to open a new location, thanks to PayPal messing us around we lost the opportunity. It is ridiculous. There is money in the PayPal PayPal every week and there is no reason at all why it keeps denying. It literally caused us to lose our second location! All the reps say is keep trying
Login to Me Too

Tulucitor
Contributor
Contributor
We are getting denied or first ever loan . This is disgusting . We been constant in sales , working capital is the only reason why we moved to paypal . Has 0 reasons to be denied
Login to Me Too

Tony8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys

we have had 3 previous loans total 36k but now like you guys I am getting the code.

I wonder if the fact that we added an additional payment method on our website for the people who do not like to use paypal for what ever reason. This has resulted in higher sales but I don't think PayPal like it.

I might be wrong but it sounds plausible don't you think.

Login to Me Too

switch196a
Contributor
Contributor

I had 2 previous loans, both paid early.  I think that might be the issue...  I really do.  Im not sure they LIKE making more money, faster lol.  We meet the sales requirements...  No returns or negative account balances.  Not in over a year has anyone asked for a refund.  Only ever had to do 2 in 5 years.  Every time I call I get some other "Thing" that needs corrected on our website or in our account and told it may take up to 30 days for success.  What really sucks is that nowhere on their site does it explain this process or tell us what can and cannot be expected.  Definitely NOT reliable, and makes me feel that using paypal might have been a mistake.  Previous comment was right.  GREAT when you dont need it.  But when you could really use it...  Totally fails with no understandable reason as to why.  Just glad they are NOT my only option.  I guess someone else gets to make money!!

Login to Me Too

Tony8
Contributor
Contributor

Yep....  Here it is in the terms

What behaviours are not permitted for customers of PayPal Working Capital?

Deliberately direct payment volume away from PayPal as a payment method for your business’s sales.

So looks like you can only have PayPal on your site

Shame

Login to Me Too

Jacwilson22
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still getting denied as well to no reason. Third loan and back off all of them. I really needed this loan 😞
Login to Me Too

Propertpro
Hey I’ve had 4 loans all paid back extremely quickly without ever needing to make a payment. Now I’m getting this DLGJ0656 code as well. I’m wondering if you have been able to get your loan yet? And if not, I’m offering to join you and others in putting together a Class Action law suit against PayPal because of their new algorithm denying their good customers loans. “to better serve our customers” as they say in their PayPal Working Capital emails.
Login to Me Too

RonnieG
Contributor
Contributor
#1 That won’t work read the fine print on the loans it reads “PayPal is not obligated to lend” #2 we are going through/ entering this global recession. Most lenders have tightened up on lending. #3 check your sales, I thought PayPal was getting over on me when in reality I had a one month gap in sales. Even a week gap or paying your loan off to early can stop the next loan
Login to Me Too

switch196a
Contributor
Contributor

In all honesty its as simple as this.  Paypal is a payment processor.  If it doesnt stand out, you CAN choose another one 🙂  We Now accept stripe as paypal no longer has advantages if "They no longer offer services to certain industry categories".  Fair is fair.  They dont support my industry.  We no longer use them exclusively.  Customer choice 🙂  Sorry PayPal.  And as time goes on i'll add other processors.  Theres no point in cutting them out 🙂  paypal is still a trusted service for many.  But Since offering stripe...  I have made more money.  That tells me paypal is as much a hindrance to my business as it is an asset.  Im kind of glad paypal turned us down for a loan.  If they had given it to us, I would not have known better as I probably would have stuck it out exclusively to keep qualifying for more loans.  With that no longer being a requirement...  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.