PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656

tlwaljerlifepoe
Contributor
Contributor

I have gotten three previous loans from PayPal working capital. All three loans were paid off before hand and successfully. This time when applying which is my fourth loan I have getting code PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656. I have called PayPal working capital two times already getting the same representative telling me the same thing. The rep is telling me that the Acura them can pick up anything from a decline in sales to a spike in sales. I have had a spike in sales in December. I asked him if I had a spike in sales then why is it telling me my business is not eligible. That does not make any sense. I do not think that they should be using an algorithm and an eligible ability should be based on whether you've had a loan or previous loans in the past and whether they were paid off in time. The algorithm is not reliable. I have also heard that PayPal working capital bought out another company in order to disperse more funds but nothing has been done. I have looked on reviews for PayPal working capital also and found that there are several several people that are having the same issues. It does not matter how many times I have applied I still get the same code telling me my business is not eligible. This is absurd! The same wrap from PayPal working capital also told me that it can detect whether or not you put your store on vacation. So this little thing can make a difference when applying for a loan. I don't believe there is any other loan company that works this way. PayPal working capital wonders why they have so many bad reviews but they're not understanding than an algorithm should not determine whether or not you get funds or not. They need to look into this. I would like for someone from the Paypal Working Capital Merchant Services to please help me with this issue. The representative keeps telling me to keep reapplying which I do but I keep getting the same code. Like I said I've had three previous loans a total of $13,000 that I have paid off successfully in ahead of time and now this time I do not qualify or I'm not eligible question mark this makes no sense to me and basing it off in algorithm should not be whether I qualify or not. Getting code PayPal working Capital Code DLGJ0656 over, and over.

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

loopycatuk
Contributor
Contributor

Gosh, 4 months! Did you do anything differently to get accepted or did you just keep trying? Also are you an ebay seller please?

Its very worrying as I used a big chunk to pay off my last loan and now this code for 6 weeks. Did your codes change at all?

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

Login to Me Too

yick
Contributor
Contributor

I am about to pay off my 7th, 5 figure loan and called customer service to as a few questions. With ebays stupid managed payment nonsense I ( I sell exclusively through ebay) am concerned that I may not be approved for my 8th which is crucial to growing my business. The lady on the phone had vague info and said they do look at the last 12 rolling months of payments/income as part of a future approval but because now they can't seem y current income I most likely will get denied. Um, hello... when you get a loan through any bank the look at your past 12 months of income, not what you will make in the future, really????

Login to Me Too

robynnstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Don't count on it....we had 8 loans for nearly 1MM.  I have been denied every single day since June.  I call periodically and get the same BS story about how my industry is no longer eligible.  But I am certainly eligible to pay nearly 6K in transaction fees each month.  We are shopping other merchant processors.  They are not the only game in town.  

RMS4937
Login to Me Too

Michellevo
Contributor
Contributor

@tlwaljerlifepoe  Did you ever get approved? What type of business do you have?

Login to Me Too

Jacwilson22
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get approved?
Login to Me Too

robynnstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I got approved eventually...it took something like 5 months.  The amount was only $75K and it is nearly paid off, so I am going to be getting another one (fingers crossed) soon.

RMS4937
Login to Me Too

d1st
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I know this was some time ago, but right now, we are having the same issue as you did - sales are just as consistent as they have always been. Had 10 previous working capital loans that were all paid off but this time, our new application is being declined, saying we are not eligible.  Nothing has changed. The paypal rep on the phone says all looks okay and to keep trying. So I would like to know if you eventually did get reapproved for another cash advance and if so, how long did it take?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Michellevo
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not the original poster, but I wanted to chime in. From all of the research I have done it seems that if you have had any kind of an error on your account, even if it gets corrected sometimes you can get denied for a bit. By error I mean maybe you accidentally went into the negative one month or any kind of issue with credit card processing, any small little thing that seemed insignificant seems to set off something in the system. The odd thing is I have pretty consistent sales however I had a few very low months myself and I've been approved every time for pretty high amounts. I've had a few months were I only made like $500. And then most of my months I make between 2 and 3000. But I still got approved. Everyone who writes about an issue eventually finds out that they had some problem with a transaction maybe even months ago and it takes time to get out of the system. That's just my guess based on reading probably hundreds of threads. Keep trying. It eventually will approve you. You might even notice that you get a different error code. But eventually it just approves you
Login to Me Too

glampuss
Contributor
Contributor
No sorry but dont think this is correct. Ive also paid back 3 high amount loans all before time. I have had no problems whatsoever on account...so i do not know why im turned down. I have now been trying for 19 months. Same error code everytime.
Login to Me Too

Sajjadur
Contributor
Contributor

The "Community" absolutely a shamble way of PayPal treating its customers. I am baffled to read the problems people are facing with Working Capital and the so called solution by another customer is exactly the same as the PayPal "keep on trying"! We have been a fantastic customer, our business has increased during this Covid-19 pandemic. Reading these messages, it seems the fact that we are doing well is a bad thing. I am extremely disappointed with PayPal, particularly during a very difficult time to withdraw its support for high performing customers and denying these businesses the opportunity to grow and help create more jobs and opportunity to make a difference. We joined PayPal to process our payments through PayPal, even though its very expensive way to process payments compared to other options available to us, we did so because we were aware of this working capital. We have had three working capital and paid on or before time without any problems. To deny us the opportunity to obtain more to grow our business  particularly when we need it to expand our business is absolutely unfair!!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.