PayPal account optional issue

annaevl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I need your help!!

I created a website that accepts some payments with a pay now button.

I have enabled the "Paypal account optional" and few times i could see the option to pay as non-logged in paypal user BUT most of the times it needs me to login.. What im i doing wrong or can you please guide me on this one??

Thank you in advance!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annaevl 

Make sure you're not logged into PayPal before testing. You only need to test it once anyway and see the debit/credit card button there, then it is working. You have the PayPal account optional enabled and that is the only setting for the feature.

After a few times testing I wouldn't be surprised that it won't not appear for you because the system is not used to you keep testing it and give you interface b, instead of a. It may show for other users, as each user has their own set of cookies/browser data files. Maybe clear your browser cookies.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

annaevl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sharpiemarker  and thank you for your super quick response!

I tried the process in a new browser that had no coockies and indeed it worked. But the issue is that clients are calling me and telling me that they dont have a paypal account and still they cannot proceed without creating one..

Is there any option to show the screen WITH the guest checkout option all the time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.