PayPal Reversal

Mesterveen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Recently I opened a funding site and connected it to my PayPal account. People have sent in their donations and it’s then that I received the notifications that I could not receive their donations because PayPal has reversed the payment and sent the money back to them. I understand PayPal does this to block fraudulent transactions. However, I do not believe my actions were fraudulent and wish to know if there is any way I could appeal to get the money to my account. Help would be gratefully appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mesterveen,

I'm sorry to hear about the reversed payments. If the payments were reversed, there would not be a way to act further on those payments. New payments could be received.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mesterveen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding @PayPal_Olivia . However, I have further inquiries.

Will the person who has sent me the payment get refunded? We have waited a week and it doesn't seem as if she got the money, which she sent to me, back. If you have no control over whether PayPal will or will not reverse the payments, how can I be sure it won't happen in the future? I lost the trust in the service and I feel this mistake could make me lose the trust of my donors.

Sincerely,

Mesterveen

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

@Mesterveen, thank you for your reply! 

If the payment has been reversed, this means that the amount has been returned to the sender. If the sender has not received the refund yet, they can contact us directly and we will be happy to help them locate the amount. 

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.