PayPal Recurring Payments Shipping Address

lhasadreams
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have used yearly recurring PayPal payments for our subscribers for many years.

The Shipping Postal address is in the recurring payment.

An end user use to be able to edit their shipping address in their recurring payment when for example, they moved home - but this option no longer seems possible.

Am I right to assume that the current primary shipping address on their account will be used and it is that address that must be changed and the recurring payment will change to the new address?

The alternative of asking them to cancel their recurring payment and creating a new one to change their address does not seem like a user friendly solution.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Ade

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @lhasadreams,

Thank you for your post!

Sometimes, it is possible to manage some options for pre-approved payments. The buyer will need to go to 'Settings' -> 'Payments' -> 'Manage Pre-approved payments'. Other times, depending on how the payment is due, the system might ask the buyer to choose the preferred address at check out. Finally, if these above are not the cases, it means the preferred postal address has to be updated on the seller's website. The system will use the postal address chosen at the time the subscription was made. If this isn't possible, the buyer might need to cancel the subscription and create a new one. We usually suggest to the buyer to contact the seller directly with questions about the plan.

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.