PayPal Here app has quit working

Quickpg
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Here app quit working on Samsung Android phone Monday. I have uninstalled and installed several times. I have checked and phone is TLS 1.2 compliant and have tested it at the tltestpaypal.com site. When I open the app. it shows log in with PayPal or sign up now...both links either take me to PayPal acct. page "how do I check and update web browser?'' {which I have, actually uninstalled and the installed Chrome again. When I go to sign up link, it shows a blank page that is headed 'a quick security check' and then does Nothing. ??? any ideas? I need to take credit cards thru app here at store. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Northerndyes
Contributor
Contributor

I am on a Samsung tablet with Android 4.2.2, and all of the PayPal apps are doing this since being updated at the beginning of July (PayPal Here and PayPal Business.)  My tablet's operating system is completely up to date and passes all of the tl tests.  I can manually log into paypal's website via Chrome, and move around money.  The problem is specific to all of their apps.   When I attempt to log into the apps, however, I get this browser update pop-up and the same blank "a quick security check" screen in the app.  Of course it's now the height of tourist season and my shop suddenly has no way to accept credit cards in person, it's impacting us horribly!

I called in to PayPal for a tech ticket regarding this problem, and the rep said that my account was being submitted on July 6th, but I never received the ticket request from PayPal's tech department.

Login to Me Too

Mukasa
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone ever answer your question or solve your problem?  I just bought a tablet specifically to use for accepting PayPal here payments and it is giving me the same issues you both described ugh.  I should have just went with Square...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.