PayPal Here Transaction Failed / Declined / Cancelled

SpaceInvapers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Getting a jump-start on this for tomorrow.

I run a small UK business - we use PayPal HERE for in-store payments.

Everything has been running fine for over a year. Tonight, however, nothing would work. Some transactions went through fine, and then all of a sudden I got a panicked call from a staff member saying nothing was working.

I cracked out my reserve tablet and card reader at home, and it's not working here either.

So that's two different card readers, connected to two different iPads, connected to two different networks on different ISPs miles apart - so this indicates a problem with either PayPal HERE or our account. I can't see any notices or issues with our PayPal account and it allowed me to withdraw money down to the business bank account fine - so I assume this is a technical issue with PayPal?

I need to get this working again before 4:30pm on Tuesday 9th when we open next.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

ella1011
Contributor
Contributor

I am a doctor and despite all working well for months, for the last few weeks my PayPal Here card reader says "payment declined" when my patients try to pay by credit card for their consultations. This is very embarassing, time consuming and upsetting for my practice because I have to ask patients to go to the cash point and to bring cash. Sorry PayPal, but this is not good enough.

Login to Me Too

TyFOW

This Same thing is happening to me, its embarrassing as a retailer. How do you fix this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

Have you considered reaching out to customer service directly by phone? Please click Contact for contact options.

-David R

Login to Me Too

TyFOW

This option is a joke!! There is never anyone answering the phones, Somehow at any time of the day they are receiving heaver than normal call volume and then the call is ended.

Login to Me Too

Lperdue421
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have this resolved mine is not working still

Login to Me Too

somerandombs
New Community Member

Hi

Did you find out what was causing the problem? What did customer service say?

@PayPal_DavidRSocial phobia, anxiety, speech impediment, mute? Did you consider any of these things? No. Because all PayPal can see is black and white.

Login to Me Too

Spawninn

Anybody fix this? We have the same problem, manual entry does not work either. Called customer support and was told to get a new reader. Nothing works so far. Any clues or suggestions?

Login to Me Too

SmartTech
Contributor
Contributor

This is Ridiculous that not even customer service knows what the *bleep* is going on...unbelievable!!

Login to Me Too

Szymi1987
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and after 2 months no one helped me yet. Keep getting asked to do factory reset which doesn't help at all and even after reader replacement still the same.... Very bad costumer support!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.