PayPal Here App logs out every 10 minutes on Android

ElementGreen
Contributor
Contributor

The PayPal Here app on our Android tablet logs out every 10 minutes. It then requires that the password is entered twice. The first time the password is entered and the Log In button is pressed it shows a screen with PayPal HERE in the center and a button that says "Log In with PayPal". Pressing that button then presents the same login screen again where the password must be entered a second time and the Log In button pressed again.

This can add significant time to the customer checkout process.

Is anyone else experiencing this? When we start getting more customers, we will likely need to switch to some other credit card processing service, if we can't resolve this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ghosty9696
Contributor
Contributor
Same here When i trying to login, they say that i must confirm my phone but when i try to send codes to my phones they are no codes sent to my phone
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ElementGreen, @Ghosty9696

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forum! Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear your Here application is logging out pretty frequently. I've found this is linked to one of the following device issues:

- Low Battery settings

- Old Operating System

- Network connectivity issues

I normally recommend reaching out to the tablet's manufacturer (or better yet cell-phone provider if it's a tablet hooked up to your phone plan) to investigate the matter a bit further. 

Best of luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ElementGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the tips.  It sounds like this isn't normal behavior at least, which is quite helpful to know.

The fact that it occurs on a very regular interval (timed it to be exactly 10 minutes), I'm thinking it has something to do with some driver shutting down networking hardware or something else.  Pressing buttons in the PayPal Here app interface seems to extend the amount of time before the issue occurs.  I made it to where the display doesn't go to sleep in the Developer Options system configuration, but there still may be something else shutting down after this amount of time.  Its using a WiFi network, not a mobile network.  It is also indeed using an older version of Android (6.0).  I'll see if there are any updates for this tablet or other options.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.