PayPal Donate button on website sometimes stops working

Landmarks
New Community Member

Our organization has a PayPal "Donate" button on our website that it connects right to a PayPal page to make a direct donation to our organization. However, the button has stopped working a few times and will instead link back to the main PayPal page instead of linking to a direct donation page to us. I just went to the saved buttons in our PayPal account and replaced the code so that it works again now, but I don't know why it seems to change and stop working sometimes. Is there something I need to do to guarantee that the link doesn't just change to the main PayPal site? Was there an update or something that could have affected it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ElizabethMaora
New Community Member

I've had a similar problem where the Donate button will sometimes work, and sometimes won't. 

Just yesterday, a few people tried to donate on our website by clicking the link. But it led them to a time out error in the picture attached. But at the same time, the link still worked for me and another person. So I have no idea how to troubleshoot this? Is this a problem on our end, or the users end?

paypal timeout.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.