Pay as guest issue

littlbear222
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,
When I tried to duplicate the process for someone paying me, I clicked "Pay as guest" and the page for that stays on for only a few seconds and then changes to forcing someone to create an account.
Anyone know why it is doing that or how to keep it from doing that?
Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

We would need some additional details ?

For example, what PayPal product are you using ?   (Payments Standard, Express Checkout, etc.)

Do you have a US PayPal Account ?

Do you have web page or site with an example of the code you're using or are you sending invoices or selling subscriptions or using PayPal.ME ?

Login to Me Too

littlbear222
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account and I sent myself a request for money, to an e-mail address I have that is NOT associated with my PayPal account.  When I click "Pay now" in the e-mail then select "Pay as a guest", it takes me to the pay as a guest page where you can enter payment information and within a second, it takes me to the page for creating accounts.
I tried to post the link here, for you to see firsthand what it is doing, but of course it won't let me.

Login to Me Too

littlbear222
Contributor
Contributor

I guess it's PayPal standard, because there is nothing special about my account.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

When you send a money request to an email address - the receiver should be able to pay without a PayPal Account, the exception would be if you were using PayPal.ME, then the receiver would need to use or open a PayPal Account.    With Invoices, Add to Cart or Buy Now or Donations, the customer has the option to either pay with a credit card or their PayPal Account.   If doing Subscriptions or recurring payments, the person would need to have a PayPal Account.   I'm really not sure at this point why the only option you're seeing is to pay with PayPal Account.   Just guessing but, it could be a web browser cookie issue - you can try deleting your browser's cookies, temp files, history, cache, etc., then close the browser, reopen it and then try the email test again.  No guarantees but, perhaps worth a try.

Login to Me Too

littlbear222
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions.
I tried clearing everything out and used a different browsers. 
This time it went to the "Pay as guest" page where you can enter payment information and then immediately went to a "There is a problem." message and then immediately to "Create an account".

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Sorry, not sure why that would be happening, I'm thinking you may want to follow-up with Tech Support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.