Pay Pal button stopped working

Bodecia
Contributor
Contributor

I can't seem to resolve why my website PayPal donation button won't work.  I tried changing out the code for new and refreshing the page, dumping the cache, nothing works. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bodecia,

I'm sorry to hear that your button stopped working. You said that you changed the code for new. Have you created an entirely new button, or copied the code from an existing button? If you have not tried making a new button, please see if that solves the problem.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bodecia
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried deleting and creating an entirely new button.  Nothing works.  I had no issues installing the first button, and it has worked fine for going on 3 years.  Now it won't, and a new button with all new code isn't working either.  I am using a Chrome as a browser. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bodecia,

Have there been any other changes to the website? How is the website serviced/hosted? 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bodecia
Contributor
Contributor

It's a Google site, but it always has been.  The button quite when Pay Pal redid THEIR site.  I don't think their code creator is working. This is happens when I try to past the code they gave me. 

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick" />
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="HNM7CZSVR8CF4" />

</form>

Login to Me Too

Bodecia
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty much it seem incomplete. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bodecia,

It looks like there's something going on with your hosted button. Please open a ticket to our technicians to report this with as much detail as you can give. Log in at https://www.paypal-support,com and click Contact us to get started. They'll reach out to you with any questions after the ticket is created.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.