Passing minimum information onto PayPal

rusty09
Contributor
Contributor

I've just starting to use a photography shopping cart that accepts payments through PayPal. It has a page in the shopping cart workflow that asks for a customers full details, such as name and street/postal address, phone number and email address. While this is needed for the posting of prints, if people want to purchase digital downloads only, does PayPal require anything other than the customer's PayPal linked email address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @rusty09,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

In general, when a buyer makes a purchase, we do not request them to insert their personal information if they have a registered PayPal account. All the required information, in fact, is requested through their PayPal account when they register their account. If the system is requesting you to provide your buyer's information, it may be that it is the selling platform and not PayPal that asks you to do so. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @rusty09,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

In general, when a buyer makes a purchase, we do not request them to insert their personal information if they have a registered PayPal account. All the required information, in fact, is requested through their PayPal account when they register their account. If the system is requesting you to provide your buyer's information, it may be that it is the selling platform and not PayPal that asks you to do so. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

rusty09
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Thought that might be the case. I'll ask the vendor to simplify the form for digital downloads.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.