PDT - Not returning to site - genericError

ChickenPie
Contributor
Contributor

We have suddenly started experiencing issues today where customer's payments are being successfully processed but PayPal PDT is not returning back to our site. Instead, the customer just sits on the Paypal page, and the only button/link back to our site doesn't contain any data. 

-Auto Return setting is set correctly ( not been changed)

-Sandbox works fine

This was working fine yesterday, only started having issues today. 

Paypal_Error.PNG

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

lsfpub
Contributor
Contributor

Have same problem for last 4 days. Reported it to PayPal Tech Support 3 days ago. Still waiting for a fix.

Login to Me Too

HeinOnline
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue for the last few days... very annoying, as auto-return is a critical function to our business.

Login to Me Too

rubberchicken
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  PDT has not been working since Oct 23.  It is an important part of my business delivery process.  And PayPal support just replied to my support request on this subject with a request for me to submit my ticket in a different manner, so I am getting nowhere right now.

Login to Me Too

ChickenPie
Contributor
Contributor
Please anyone that is having a problem to contact PayPal as this is critical and we need them to fix it 😞
Login to Me Too

Jobhirenow
New Community Member

Having the same problem...website return is not working...on sandbox or on ,live site..

Login to Me Too

rubberchicken
Contributor
Contributor

I found a workaround in this thread where PDT now returns to my website after purchase for both my live and sandbox Buy Now buttons.

Workaround:

I edited the button under Profile > My selling Tools > Manage selling

then checked "Take customers to this URL when they finish checkout", used the same return url has I have set in Profile > My selling Tools > Website preferences.

I also have a pending ticket submitted with PayPal tech support to resolve the underlying issue.

Login to Me Too

HeinOnline
Contributor
Contributor

From Paypal today:

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

The PayPal Product Developers have identified the root cause of the issue, and have created the coding needed to resolve this issue.

They have stated that they are looking at rolling out the fix tomorrow 11/14/2018.

Login to Me Too

ChickenPie
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, Thanks for giving us this update! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.