Older Paypal here card reader not working

Chalkie6
Contributor
Contributor

My 3-year-old Paypal Here card reader no longer works for some reason. Is there any way I can get it to sync with my mobile phone?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Allan2w
Contributor
Contributor

My old Paypal here reader failed about the same time. The bluetooth canot be paired. I have tried the factory reset but I sill cannot see the card reader bluetooth as it does not shoe in the scanned list of devices on my smart phone.

Login to Me Too

Chalkie6
Contributor
Contributor

I now know all about this! I contacted Paypal, and the older (white) unit is no longer operational. I whinged and moaned about this. They finally agreed to pay the $99 for me to get the latest, up-to-date unit with the screen.    Problem solved!!

Login to Me Too

Allan2w
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Chalkie6,

Thank you for the info on your issues and its resolution. I have contacted Paypal and was unable to get the same sympathetic response you were able to negotiate. They refused to replace it and only offered the option to purchase the $99 replacement. I also raised a help message and the response did not recongnise the true nature if the problem despite providing Card reader model details. So it seams that Paypal have not recognised and communicated the problem internally to support staff.

I have responded in writing to the message response advising my disappointment in the failure and in particular the lack of advice of the obsolescence issue. From my discussion on the phone with the help desk it appears that the latest software update is not compatible with the White card reader. 

Once again thank you for your information. I wonder how many other Paypal clients are in the same boat, wondering what they have done wrong.
Regards

Allan <removed>

Login to Me Too

Juiyingchang
New Community Member
My paypal reader not working
Login to Me Too

etenn01
Contributor
Contributor
Any solutions? Anyone? anyone ? I'm switching square if need be.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.