Old reader new phone - no connection

Gezza61
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’ve got an old reader chip and insert Bluetooth- haven’t used for a long while. Got new phone - iPhone 8 Plus. Can’t seem to connect. How do I get the connection?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, Gezza61. Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty connecting your new phone to your PayPal Here card reader. Here's some information I hope will be helpful.

Please check any other devices that might have been paired with the reader and take steps to have them "forget" PayPal Here. Also, please try to complete the pairing by launching the PayPal Here App first and using the menu in the App to do that.

For more ‘how to’ videos for the chip card reader, go to www.paypal.com/emv. Please also check https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader for more information.

I hope this is helpful. If additional assistance is needed, please contact PayPal's Customer Service by phone, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.