Non-Profit Trying to set up a food fundraiser payment option

jagger3534

Hi, guys, hopefully this is not a terribly ignorant question.  In a past life, I volunteered for a 501c3 and we had a food fundraiser in which people could pay using paypal or credit cards (in advance, online).  That web portal is here: <removed>  Please note that the item description is pre-filled, as is the price, and there is an ability to change the quantity.

I'm volunteering for another 501c3 right now and am trying to set up something similar (I'm setting this one up--and didn't set the one above up, hence my confusion.  The portal I created is here: <removed>.  I like the look and feel of this one better, but I cannot change the quantity. Obviously, there will be a strong likelihood that people will want to purchase two meals and I don't want them to have to go through the process multiple times.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I'm not very experienced in this realm and am not having much luck sorting through and finding the solution on my own.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jagger3534

When I click through to purchase, I see "Qty. 1" with a down arrow by it, but can't get it to change.  I guess the other question I have (or maybe the main question?) is how do I make the system recognize that I have more than one of these for sale?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jagger3534 

Not an expert but try...

If you're using the PayPal Smart Button maker on this page:

Create PayPal Payment Buttons - PayPal

Select "Single-select list" and check off the "Add quantity selector" box and enter Maximum Qty.

You can add options like 1 dinner for $X, 2 dinners for $X and so on.

Test out using an options list vs having a Qty box.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jagger3534

Thank you, @sharpiemarker !  The only downfall w/ the buttons is, so far as I can tell, they are just giving you code.  The product page that I'm trying to use now (I can't for the life of me find the option that we used in the first portal that I pasted in my original message) gives me an actual webpage solution--not code.  Does that make sense?  I got excited at the possibility of just adding options to it so I went back in and looked.  There isn't an option to add options on the "social selling" function.

Login to Me Too

jagger3534

@sharpiemarker If that weren't an issue, this would be the perfect solution for what I need!  Just have to figure out how to change the quantity to allow more than one purchase at a time.  I can't hardly imagine that I'm the only person that has had this kind of need!  Thanks, again, for your help!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jagger3534 

So you are using a WYSIWYG app to make your webpage? Is there a 'code' view so that you can copy and paste PayPal button code to?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jagger3534

No, I just need a link for payment that I can use on my social channels and to email out to a listserv so that they can buy dinners in advance of the day of sale.  This is the current one that I've created via the "selling social" link on one of the "accept payments" pages: <removed>

I set that up on "my products" page and copied the link (no code involved at all).  When you click through, it gives a quantity of 1 and a down arrow, but you can't change it--otherwise this option would be absolutely perfect.  

The option that I referred to from a past job was this one: <removed>  While not having the description of the picture of the product page, this one absolutely has the functionality that I'm looking for (I would definitely trade functionality over pretty in this case!).  

Both pages are still hosted by paypal and, ultimately, that's still what I'm looking/hoping for.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.