Missing customers email address

wildthaine
Contributor
Contributor

Just noticed in the last few days we are not getting the customers email address anymore. WHY?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

temp20180718
New Community Member

I have found this too - This is very odd . up until a few days ago I could "view details on classic site" and get the customers email (  I use customers email when sending courier parcels - the courier informs them  its on the way by email  - and also when requesting money for extra postage etc. - so its pretty vital to have it!)  Is this all part of the eBay policy of not allowing buyers and sellers to communicate except through eBay?  I note there is now a message telling you to contact the buyer through eBay.... pretty sure that wasn't there before...

Whatever the reason, its NOT OK.

Login to Me Too

wildthaine
Contributor
Contributor

It is a real pain but you have to go to refund this buyer to capture the email. Then copy and paste. 

Login to Me Too

GNB1970
Contributor
Contributor

This is a lousy move by Paypal. I was advised by their customer service that they have recently given the customer the choice of whether or not to provide the email to the seller ie, not visible to the public. I told him we are not "public" - BY BUYING from a seller he has already entered into a trust relationship with us therefore we are not going to use it for anything but business reasons and to let our couriers know when and where their parcel was sent, where it is currently, when they can expect it and to make plans to receive it on the day it would be delivered. He said this change was done recently, what a 'DUMB' thing to do AND giving sellers a hard time in streamlining comms with the buyers and making the buyers stay in the dark as we cannot notify them now. I refused to log into paypal to get the details every time. Therefore I send these notifications which are mandatory to myself. Loser: the customer and paypal which indirectly gives them a poor experience overall. Someone needs to think carefully before making changes - looks like not everybody here is fully switched on.

Login to Me Too

GNB1970
Contributor
Contributor

Its too painful to do that ie login to paypal each and every time to get a buyers email - this should never have happened or been allowed by paypal. I think they are in cahoots with ebay which has the policy of giving sellers a hard time, ebay is paranoid that sellers will try to trade outside of ebay therefore conceal as much contact details from seller as possible, that strategy has to be the poorest irrational non-customer oriented approach which paypal seems to have copied. Terrible service. I hope more people will complain and make a stink so they can revert it back to the old system. I absolutely hate getting notifications without email addresses being displayed. We are paying for a service to paypal and ebay and all they give us is a very hard time doing our job smoothly and efficiently.Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.