Maximum billing cycle length for recurring subscriptions

kurtajenkins
Contributor
Contributor

I am setting up a subscription website and the client wants to offer subscriptions that will be billed 1, 2 and 3 years. Does PayPal allow recurring payments for 24 and 36 month intervals?

thanks, kj

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kurtajenkins 

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/subscribe-step-1/#add-s...

Note:

Billing cycle has two components:

• The billing period specifies the unit to calculate the billing cycle (such as days or months, years).
  • The billing frequency specifies the number of billing periods that make up the billing cycle.

For example, if the billing period is Month and the billing frequency is 2, the billing cycle is 2 months. If the billing period is Week and the billing frequency is 6, PayPal schedules the payments every 6 weeks.

Therefore, set frequency number to 1, 2, or 3 and set the billing period to years.

(It lets you specify up to 30 for the PayPal subscription button made with the button tool.)

You can also set the number of billing cycles after which billing stops. Select "Never" or a number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kurtajenkins 

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/subscribe-step-1/#add-s...

Note:

Billing cycle has two components:

• The billing period specifies the unit to calculate the billing cycle (such as days or months, years).
  • The billing frequency specifies the number of billing periods that make up the billing cycle.

For example, if the billing period is Month and the billing frequency is 2, the billing cycle is 2 months. If the billing period is Week and the billing frequency is 6, PayPal schedules the payments every 6 weeks.

Therefore, set frequency number to 1, 2, or 3 and set the billing period to years.

(It lets you specify up to 30 for the PayPal subscription button made with the button tool.)

You can also set the number of billing cycles after which billing stops. Select "Never" or a number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.