Just Answer

Mitsubishiman
Contributor
Contributor

I made the mistake of utilizing Just Answer and agreed to the $5.00 but never read the fine print, they charged my account $36.00 and I emailed them and the response was they require a $36.00 deposit in good faith, that information was not overtly obvious next to the $5.00 amount, then after searching the web I found hundreds of similar complaints and additional fees charged to PayPal, my question is am I able through PayPal to deny any future charges on my account?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is just Answer? 
I have no idea about what you did.

Login to Me Too

Mitsubishiman
Contributor
Contributor
Just Answer is an online site that shows up in the paid for responses whenever you post a question on Google or other search engines, they claim to have experts standing by to answer you question on a paid for answer basis, they scam you by stating your answer will be provided and stated a fee of $5.00 and if the answer was unsatisfactory they would refund your money, I opted to pay by PayPal rather then a credit card, then my account was charged $36.00, when I did not open the answer and asked for a refund they commented regarding a "good faith deposit" which was not obvious on the original transaction, I already sent 3 emails requesting a full refund, after no reply I filed a complaint with PayPal
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are real hazards using PayPal when credit card are avalable.

I have not clue what to offer.  Thinking of paying $5 an an answer is beyond my logic.  It's like search sites want me to pay for someone's phone number detials--NOT.

I have no clue how you would file a PayPal dispute.

Login to Me Too

Mitsubishiman
Contributor
Contributor
The problem with credit cards is once a company has your credit card number they can apply charges against your card without authorization, the advantage of PayPal is it has to be authorized by you and only for the amount requested, the mistake I made was clicking the button too fast, I didn't see the $36.00 charge until I clicked the button because I assumed it was as requested $5.00 from the website, it is relatively easy to file a complaint with PayPal, you just log into your account and click on the transaction and dispute the charges.
PayPal is infinitely safer than a credit card
Login to Me Too

Mitsubishiman
Contributor
Contributor
I am curious how you are a volunteer advisor on a PayPal forum and do not know how to dispute a charge regarding PayPal
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I know how to dispute a charge I just was curious about what category you would use as you did authorize the charge.

Login to Me Too

jaebaeli
Contributor
Contributor

When i try to get help from microsoft, there are even more problems. Last time, their help screen sent me to a place called Just Answer to a chat, and rep said for $5 fully-refundable fee, I could get tech help...and then when i agreed to that, they charged my paypal $47. I'm still trying to get that money refunded. And i still didn't get an answer to my question. Rat **bleep**.

MShelprefundlie_PAYPAL.pngMShelprefundlie.png

Login to Me Too

Moonfish
Contributor
Contributor

I gave this site a try after they said they would answer my question within minutes. 20 minutes later I was told that I still had an 8 minute wait.

Seems it's just a site to hook you. The charged me $68 set up fee and then I got suckered for a 7 day trial with $83 monthly fee after the trial.  I cancel the pre-approved trial through PP and am now in touch with the seller demanding a Full Refund for my $68.

Telling customers that answer will come in  minutes and the putting you in what could be called a "hold" stats - in my opinion - is Plain False Advertising.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.