Is there a way to link or sync catalog items to website buttons?

monica_p

I set up my catalog items so I could use the mobile app. Now I want to create an online shop on my website using the exact same products. But when I go to make buttons, I have to create items all over again. It also looks like I'll also have to manage duplicates of items within my account. Is there a way to link / sync my catalog items so that I can create website buttons?

Free programming advice, if it doesn't exist:
From the looks of it, the logical way to approach this would be to create an item with full details and store that in a dbase as a list of items. From there you can "add item(s)" to the catalog by picking them off the list. Items would then populate the catalog with just the info needed there. Also do the same to "create item button for website" which simply pulls in all the information from the item.

Your welcome PayPal.

I searched the forum for about a half hour and only found one question like this, and it had no replies or solutions.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal Standard is very limited with that sort of thing.  What you're after is a full shopping cart solution.  

I would recommend you take a look at WordPress and WooCommerce, and then PayPal for WooCommerce within that.

It gives you everything you've outlined here and a whole lot more.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.