Irregular payments

Fozz66
New Community Member

I am setting up a subscription payment where the monthly payments are set at an agreed amount, but because the customer may exceed the usage level for their subscription they will be billed for that additional usage... this is where I have the issue!

For example a customer sets up a monthly subscription amount of £25 but regularly incurs an additional payment of £5 for additional usage. We want to be able to collect that payment of £5 automatically. The monthly statement would show the amount outstanding that will be collected from PayPal under the prearranged Automatic Billing agreement.

You used to be able to set this up where the customer would agree and authorise the maximum level the business could collect up to a maximum of £50 which was absolutely perfect as it removed almost entirely the constant chasing of payments which just eats away at your profit margins!

I am 99% certain this service was removed but there doesn't appear to be a similar way of achieving the same result as explained above. If there is then could someone please point me in the right direction?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.