International payments on website

LetsGoDutch
Contributor
Contributor
We have integrated PayPal payment gateway with our website . Indian payments going through but some one in US and Canada tried , they can’t make the payment .... kindly support
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Gabriel_PP

Hi @LetsGoDutch ,

Thanks for contacting PayPal,

This might be related to the fact that there are some restrictions for India ,the INR currency (only for local payments) and the USD currency (international Payments only)

Just to clarify, USD transaction is not allowed between Indian buyer and Indian seller account. In order to receive payments from Indian buyers, it should be in INR, but you can receive USD payments from other countries.

Please note that Indian domestic payment must be exclusively made in INR currency. INR currency can only be process by Indian domestic payment only. International customer who tried to make payment to an Indian merchant need to process the payment in currency other than INR (example USD).

Solution:

For International Payments -> USD currency
For Local Payments -> INR currency.

Both INR and USD Support: 
Use currency switcher to toggle USD/INR currency. Note-PayPal don't have any official currency switcher
In this case, both domestic and international buyers are allowed to do the transactions

Please verify your integration to offer the correct currency.
If you are using a Shopping Cart/eCommerce; you would need to contact their technical support.

If you are using USD as your currency and they still get an error message, please contact our Technical department:

https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US

I will try to answer the ticket myself.

I hope this helps,

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

LetsGoDutch
Contributor
Contributor

The error some one is USA who is trying to pay on our website is as follows 

"Sorry , the merchant doesnt accept payment in your currency .

Please return to your merchant and choose another way to pay "

Any configurations at our end ?

Can you come on call .  Number is <removed>

GD

Login to Me Too

Gabriel_PP

Hi @LetsGoDutch 

Thanks for your response,

I see, are they paying using USD or INR? If they try with INR as currency, this will fails.

You need to offer them the option to pay with USD.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.