Identity confirmation

Dominic66
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I’ve had two Working Capital loans, but now that I’m trying to apply for another, I am getting denied because the system is unable to Confirm my identity. I have linked a bank account to my account recently and verified the deposits. I have also added my full name, first middle and last to my account. Anyone have any idea if that is what is throwing off the system and denying me as a result of the system not being able to confirm my identity? Thank you for your time
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Smez14
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue.

3rd WC loan.

The first 2 they could ID me and none of my information has changed.

The third they can't.

Do check you have your address right as I had to use AVE and not AVENUE (one example) when the second loan wouldn't accept for the same issue - then one day it just "worked".

I highly suspect they use this code for a range of issues not just linked to ID.  I have seen some posts from people thinking this code is also for when they don't want to loan to a particular sector, or don't have funds available to loan to us, and other aspects they use this "get out of jail free" error code so they don't need to provide a more specific reason (even in the letter).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.