I am unable to pair my new PayPal HERE Chip and Tap Reader to my iPhone

djmichaelk
New Community Member

I have an iPhone 8 running IOS 11.3 and I'm trying to pair my brand new PayPal HERE Chip and Tap Reader. Pairing is unsuccessful. Message says device not supported (see attached screen shot)Image-1.jpg

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Yng-fly-free
Contributor
Contributor
(I’m using iPhone X) Ok, so I figured this out after struggling with both of my card readers. Even after opening a brand new one, same thing happened. So, the cure!!!!! 1. Go to your settings 2. (While in your settings) Go to the “PayPal” app. Scroll down to find the app. 3. Go to “Location”. Now, you have two settings. You should have the setting on “While Using the App”. That should solve your issue.
Login to Me Too

Jim_Pens
New Community Member

Thank you for posting this.  I never thought to look at the app settings within the phone settings.  I even went a bought a new reader because I thought my first one went bad (haven't used it in about a year).  Now I get to return the new one since the old one is working just fine now.

Jim

Login to Me Too

Dgw1966
New Community Member

Pay pal card and chip readers are a POS. I have purchased every reader to date always promised by pay pal it is better than the last. I run the latest IOS software and every single time i try to connect it wont pair

Login to Me Too

allin1Tinting
Contributor
Contributor

I have SOLVED the problem... Go into your phone settings. Find paypal & make sure the box is checked that allow paypal to access your bluetooth. This was my issue with connecting my chip & swipe reader to my iphone 6s plus!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.