I am in Thailand and the Paypal button does not work

RobertEdward
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am in Thailand and the Paypal button does not work. The company has two choices of payments. The other one  I cannot use as I am not Thai. I would like to know who is blocking it. I have a balance with Paypal so not reliant on my debit card with my bank. 

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobertEdward 

How is it not working? Did you get error messages? If so, what is the error message(s)?

Are you trying to use your PayPal account abroad? Blockage can happen if PayPal can't recognize you/your IP address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RobertEdward
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. THanks for replying. I am in Thailand with a UK account.  I do not get any response. No error message. The paypal button just gets highlighted as it s the one I have chosen. Then nothing happens. As I do not get any message it makes it very difficult as to what to do next.

Robert

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobertEdward 

So when you checkout and you click the PayPal button and nothing happens but its highlighted? As if, it's just a button that is clickable but goes no where?

Hmmm, is there some info you didn't type in during checkout, if any? Or the integration is badly implemented. Did you contact the merchant for help? Maybe they can send you a PayPal invoice?

I am of the mind that if it is checkout is working, then it is a sign for me not to buy. lol Mess around and end up being charged double or something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.