How to remove demand for phone number on payment checkout page

kmj1
Contributor
Contributor

How to remove demand for phone number on payment checkout page. It seems that one bit of PayPAl does not talk to another bit. PayPal recommend NOT taking customers phone numbers and yet when I use this recommendation and set it up, it always comes back as a mandatory request on payment. We are giver three options: optional, mandatory and 'not at all' (PayPal recommend this because it won't affect the sale, which otherwise may not happen if a person does not wish to part with their phone number -Understandable, but so far not workable. So... how do I set up my checkout page NOT to collect the number. I know where it is, but this function does not ...function. Having attempted now several times I am left with the demand to part with a phone number, which in my case is totally irrelevant to the sale as I am dealing with online downloads. No home address or number required. ... help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
  1. Log in to your PayPal account at paypal.com.

2. Click Profile.

3. Click Profile and Settings.

4. Click My selling tools:

5. In Selling online > Website preferences, click Update.

6. In Contact Telephone Number, choose an option for Contact Telephone:

• On (Optional Field) - adds the phone number field to your checkout but it is not required for checking out.
    • On (Required Field) - requires that your customer enter their phone number when checking out.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.