How to block One Touch

untakenusername
Contributor
Contributor

The One Touch feature is going on my nerves. I don't want it, but have accidentally enabled it countless times during ordering processes, due to the way it is offered during the process making it look like it is the button to click to complete the purchase. 

Today I wasn't even given a choice, ordering automatically enabled One Touch again.  

I know how to disable it in the settings, but it is cumbersome and annoying to have to log in and disable it over and over again.

I wonder if anyone knows of a way to permanently block it, so it won't get inserted into online ordering processes anymore, and so I'd have to specifically go into settings and change it in order to enable it again. (or alternatively & just as good, just permanently block it)  

Thank you in advance.

PS. Tried to label this post "One Touch", but the label is "not available"

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JonnyDoeinCA
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have the same problem, Even though I login manually and type my PW in everytime, I still get notified 1 touch has been activated and I have to login to PayPal and manually disable it, again. What a pain in the a##, why can't PayPal put in some kind of permanent disable feature so I don't have to keep logging in and turning it off? 

Login to Me Too

RNY71
Contributor
Contributor

This is crazy, I don't enable it and when I log in to PayPal I'll get an email stating "Since we recognize this device, we'll automatically log you in so you can skip typing your password at checkout".  I'm not the only user of my computer -- this preference should not be getting enabled on its own without express user permission.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.