How to Capture Customer Name, Address, Email using Paypal Here

BWBC
Contributor
Contributor

Exploring Paypal Here interface in advance of doing book sales at a long distance event at which I will take orders to fulfill upon returning home. Each transaction will thus require that I capture each customer's name, address, phone, and email along with the order details. My first exploration of the interface seems to indicate that (a) we cannot input customer info midstream as part of the ordering process; (b) that we must complete the order; (c) then the order will appear in the sales history where I can tap it and access a customer info screen where the customer (or I) can add the information I seek. Is this the only way to do it?

Next, I'll need to access each transaction upon returning home. Hopefully a single screen will show the order details (how many of which items) plus the customer info so I can fulfill the order. Ideally, I'd email these to myself. I see that I can "send receipt". Is there any way to preload my email address somehow so that I don't have to tap it in each and every time? (I'm old enough that I don't "thumb type" on my iPhone SE's small keyboard…)

Post in Payments since its description includes "managing transactions"…

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

thetrulyco
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking for this information too... I want customers to be able to "subscribe" to a future publication by signing up in advance. I have not found an easy solution to this. I found an old thread back in 2015 where users were requesting help with this but no one from PayPal responded. It's my understanding that you have to go into the app, click on the sale, and then manually cut and paste the customer information. I don't think the app data syncs to PayPal, which I am super bummed about and it's not a smooth process for our customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.