How do I do a partial refund on shipping using ebay and pay pal?

ldtc2
Contributor
Contributor

How do I do a partial refund on shipping using ebay and pay pal? The person purchased two light weight items and paid for 2 separate shipping charges and I want to refund one of the shipping charges to him. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

You need to find the transaction on paypal, press refund, then enter the amount of the refund, then leave a little note at bottom such as "part refund re postage". Paypal automatically inform ebay so the totals will tally. Then send buyer a message on ebay, saying for example " I have issued a part refund of £xxx due to combined postage" . Usually the buyer is happy and will reply thanking you , or sometimes they don't acknowledge you at all, but either way, you will have done the correct thing.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

You need to find the transaction on paypal, press refund, then enter the amount of the refund, then leave a little note at bottom such as "part refund re postage". Paypal automatically inform ebay so the totals will tally. Then send buyer a message on ebay, saying for example " I have issued a part refund of £xxx due to combined postage" . Usually the buyer is happy and will reply thanking you , or sometimes they don't acknowledge you at all, but either way, you will have done the correct thing.

Login to Me Too

ldtc2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You so very much for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.