How do I create a sliding-scale price?

GrahamesGuides
Contributor
Contributor

(I am repeating a question another community member asked 10 years ago...but no one at the time responded..and I face the same issue today.)

I am selling a product with a sliding-scale price, dependant on quantity.  The shipping cost is based on the quantity as well.  HOW do I set up the shopping cart to make this happen?   Once the buyer picks a quantity everything else should fall into place automatically.  Here is the breakdown:

Quant   price each  subtotal   shipping      total

1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]p;[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]p;     5.25        20.20

2              14.00            28.00         6.25        34.25

3               13.50           40.50         7.25        47.75

4               13.00           52.00         8.25        60.25

5               12.50   [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]p;     71.75

6               12.00           72.00       10.25        82.25

7               11.50           80.50       11.25       91.75

8               11.00           88.00       12.25     100.25

9         [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]p;    13.25     107.75

10             10.00         100.00       14.25     114.25

Over 10, is $10 each and $15 flat fee shipping.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrahamesGuides 

PayPal Payments Standard - Payment buttons - PayPal Developer

You want to create Add to Cart buttons.

For each product you're selling, you can add product options (up to 10) and do an extra Add to Cart button and label it on your site for 10+ qty's and enter a flat shipping rate in the actual button and set it to only use that and override the PayPal shipping calculator, for the rest, you can set to use the calculator rate.

Read the documentation in the link above, it will explain step by step how to do all this as well as adding the product options that buyers can select from.

To set up PayPal Shipping calculator, to to Tools > All Tools > Run Your Business and look for PayPal Shipping Calculator. Click the 'heart' icon to add it to the Tools menu for easy access.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrahamesGuides 

PayPal Payments Standard - Payment buttons - PayPal Developer

You want to create Add to Cart buttons.

For each product you're selling, you can add product options (up to 10) and do an extra Add to Cart button and label it on your site for 10+ qty's and enter a flat shipping rate in the actual button and set it to only use that and override the PayPal shipping calculator, for the rest, you can set to use the calculator rate.

Read the documentation in the link above, it will explain step by step how to do all this as well as adding the product options that buyers can select from.

To set up PayPal Shipping calculator, to to Tools > All Tools > Run Your Business and look for PayPal Shipping Calculator. Click the 'heart' icon to add it to the Tools menu for easy access.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrahamesGuides 

You might also be interested in implementing this to your shopping cart:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/authcapture/

The reason I suggest this is because since PayPal is no longer refunding their PayPal fees on refunds, this may allow you to cancel orders and not charge the customer and avoid paying a refund fee out of pocket. This is helpful if your workflow is to claim or charge the payment when the order ships. So the time when the buyer checks out and the time you ship the order, there is an authorization agreement to pay in place to claim the funds later or cancel if the buyer wants to cancel. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.