How do I change payment method when paying for a shipping label? Paypal balance is zero

jmunjr
Contributor
Contributor

I rarely use Paypal for selling but someone bought something from me and he manually paid me for a transaction.  In the summary I clicked on the transaction, clicked "Print Shipping Label" and then filled it out for a UPS shipment. After calculating cost, the Payment Method is set to PayPal Balance(USD) and there is not option to change it. When I try to buy the label I get this:

Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred.

Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. To raise your balance, you must add funds to your account. Please note that it may take 3-4 days for any funds you add to become available in your PayPal account.

My account has three different bank accounts set up in it as well as a credit card, but I can't use them to pay for shipping. I can't wait for funds to transfer as this needs to go out asap. On that note, since it asked me to add funds I tried but can't find anything, anywhere to add funds. This website and interface is a cluster****. What a mess.

Oh, using Paypal to ship UPS is much cheaper than anywhere else I've tried, including my friend's store. All I wan tto do is buy a flipping label. What is wrong with Paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

crazy4cues3275
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Trying to print a shipping label out through paypal, but I have a Zero balance, and there is no option for me to chance my payment method.

Login to Me Too

commerce99
Contributor
Contributor

This appears to be a "problem" that PayPal doesn't want to resolve; it has been reported over and over again for years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.