How do I block a Paypal member from purchasing my items?

jloughmi
New Community Member

I sell custom items which require specific information from the customer in order for me to provide the product.

I have a "customer" who appears to be mentally challenged. He enters orders but will not provide the information needed. Each time this happens, I have to refund his money (which costs me a small paypal surcharge) and, since the order comes in through ebay, I have to deal with their rules as well. 

I wish to block this person from making purchases. Is there a way to do that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jloughmi 

Cancel the order and put the buyer on the buyer block list over on eBay or are they sending payment directly to your PayPal email address? If so, you'll have to contact customer service because we can't block specific accounts from our end.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jloughmi 

Cancel the order and put the buyer on the buyer block list over on eBay or are they sending payment directly to your PayPal email address? If so, you'll have to contact customer service because we can't block specific accounts from our end.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.