Hotel reservation confirmation

cjherrera
Contributor
Contributor

I made a hotel reservation and paid with PayPal but I have not gotten confirmation from the hotel yet. How long will it take for the hotel to get my reservation information

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mandy2019
New Community Member
I had this same issue on October 5th and I called the hotel site and they said it’s ok contact PayPal and tell them you authorize it. I told them it was authorized and payment was taken when hotels.com verified.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @cjherrera,

Thank you for your post! I would suggest contacting the merchant and inquire about the status of the order. If you do not receive what you paid for, you have up to 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute for non-receipt.

Thank you @Mandy2019 for the reply. There typically is not an issue requiring any sort of authorization. A payment will either go through at the time that the payment is made or, in some cases it might be declined, but verbal authorization is not part of the process. I'm not sure what was happening in your case, but it does not sound like a typical scenario.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mandy_123
New Community Member
Hi I've had an email from PayPal on an advance payment when I tried to use it to reserve a room but theres no PayPal transaction on summary or anywhere I can query or cancel and I've got no booking confirmation on the app from hotels.com. cant recall the hotel as looked at several. Really concerned! Any advice please. Tried help guide and resolution centre but I have nothing except 1 x PayPal email to go on. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.