Hemp transaction processing

Fireblade2k
New Community Member

I was wondering if paypal supported legally documented hemp financial transactions. I have heard some hemp merchants are ok while others have been closed down and frozen.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Fireblade2k,

I understand that it can be confusing when some accounts are operating and others are not, and they seem to have the same business model. There can be a few possibilities when it comes to that. Some industries are allowed with approval, and accounts that have operated without seeking approval would be in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. Some industries are not allowed at all, but the accounts that are operating have not yet been discovered. 

If you have questions about whether your business model is allowed, follow that link above to the Acceptable Use Policy (if you're in the US, or click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page and navigate to the correct policy for your country). If reading through it still leaves you with questions, there's contact information at the bottom that will allow you to pose your question to the experts in Acceptable Use. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.