Has anyone used Zettle to receive TIPS?

FabioQ
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used Zettle to receive TIPS? I'm a karaoke host and people frequently ask me if I have a card reader, so they can tip me because they're not carrying cash. I currently use Venmo with the QR code, but some people don't have Venmo or even a PayPal account. I figure the Card reader might solve that problem.

-FabioQ

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @FabioQ. Thanks for taking the time to add your question about PayPal Zettle here on the PayPal Community Forum. PayPal Zettle is replacing PayPal Here for customers who want to take card payments in person. The app and the card reader are very easy to use, and there are a lot of new features that add improved functionality.

To see more information about PayPal Zettle, please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-paypal-zettle-faq4506 and https://www.paypal.com/us/business/pos. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your interest in PayPal Zettle, and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

SRTWY
Contributor
Contributor

That was the most amazing non-answer I've ever seen, lol.  Not that I expect much these days from PP representatives.

I scoured both links and found zero mention of any "tip" function whatsoever.  While that may not be an issue for OP (I'm sure you can just manually enter whatever amount as a regular charge if all you're taking is a tip), it actually doesn't answer the question for those of us who provide goods and/or service but also rely on tips...a specific function that hasn't always been well-designed in Paypal Here.

I'm also curious about the phrasing of "replacing" Paypal Here.  We still use Paypal Here and it functions (mostly) just fine for now...is there a particular deadline we have to fork over money for a new card reader and switch over by?  If so, that would have been nice to know via an email blast or something, rather than happening to find out by chance on the PP merchant forums....

Login to Me Too

FabioQ
Contributor
Contributor

Lol!  Yup, you're right.  It did not answer my question about tips.  I also searched and didn't find anything about tips.  I do get tips using a QR code for Paypal and Venmo, but there are some people who don't have either. Luckily, it's not a lot of people these days.  I guess I can try it and see if it works.

Thanks for your post!

-Fabio

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.