#Guest checkout

Ragyga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have the following issue with guest checkout option. I have business account, all proper options activated. I created and put Pay now button on my website. But when checking the button I realised that depending on the credit/debit card issuing country PayPal may not allow to make payment without creating PayPal account. For example if I use my card issued in Indonesia the option works without any problem, but if I use my card issued in Russia then I'm requested to create a PayPal account. Is it PayPal policy or I missed some something when creating the Pay Now button? 

Thanks a lot for your helpful hints!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ragyga

Why you need to live test (sandbox testing is ok) the button/testing credit card behaviors? That is against PayPal Acceptable Policy Agreement.  If you have "PayPal Account Option" and other appropriate settings turned on, that's all that needs doing. You risk your account limited for testing credit card behaviors. 

If cards are passed the limit of amount of times that can be used without a PayPal account, the system may require a PayPal account associated with the card. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ragyga
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your comment but it doesn't answer my question, neither it solves my issue

thanks for trying anyway!

Login to Me Too

RaphGill
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

Depending of the country where the card has been issued my guests are obliged to open a Paypal account.
Any solution please?

Regards,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @RaphGill,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

PayPal is country specific. We do have service limitation because of the laws and financial regulations of each country. Before we begin to offer certain services in various countries, we must be sure that we are fully compliant with local and international financial laws to avoid difficulties in the future with our services.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Andelous
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so... @PayPal_Cristina, you're saying it's because of local laws and regulations regarding financtial activities in each country, right?

Some examples of countries I found that are allowed to do the Guest checkout are the US, the Netherlands and Spain. In my case, I was wondering if you know anything about the Guest Checkout implementation in Mexico, since my application is (mostly) running in there. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

cessholden
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem across several European countries - this wasn't the case until very recently.

Login to Me Too

karsmit
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem here. My customers from Germany, France and Switzerland have to open and pay with a PayPal account. The guest checkout option is not available. As an online business, based in the E.U., I receive a lot of orders for which my customers are not able to pay. You would expect the rules/laws to be the same within the E.U.  

Login to Me Too

Oranda
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem for Japan.. Forcing customers to create an account is a real showstopper 😞

Posted in March this year and again last week ( https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-Products-and-Services/Japan-guest-checkout-possible/m-p...) on which I received no reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.