Guest checkout not appearing for my buyers

Gabo_Ramos
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon, community.

My Paypal Business account is fairly new. I've had it as a personal account for quite a while already, but I did the change to a business account less than one month ago so I could receive credit/debit payments from my customers. When I first set it up I created my "buy now" button and added it to my website and also started sending invoices to my customers and they were able to use the "buy now" button and to pay invoices without a Paypal account, it was optional. 

Now for some reason, a PayPal account is being asked to all my customers, it's no longer giving the option to do guest checkout. This is happening with both the "buy now" button and when I send them invoices. 

I have verified the "account optional" feature is turned on in my website settings. I have even tried turning off and back on and that doesn't make a difference.

Can you please help me out on this or let me know what could be the reason or what else I can check?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nmooredc
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been having the same issue. My clients were always able to pay via guest now it’s doing something wrong and giving me a weird prompt. This is really a headache , Paypal please fix this!
Login to Me Too

Gabo_Ramos
Contributor
Contributor

In the support chat thy told me to call customer service. When I called customer service they told me there is a limit for guest transactions and after that all transactions need to be registered with a Paypal account. I'll stop using Paypal to receive credit card payments, this is inconvenient to my consumers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.