Guest checkout doesn't work

tr4nc3
Contributor
Contributor

I have turned on "accounts are optional" inside website preferences option, but I still can't see "pay with credit card" on my store.
All I have is "login" and "create account" button. Before you tell me it is country restriction, it IS NOT ! I have checked on other stores and that option is available for me there. This is very frustrating, i need to launch my store and PAYPAL is my only payment gateway.
I sent email to paypal(24h ago), but I haven't heard from them yet. I'm desperate for some help !

I'm hosting my site on shopify, and no this is not shopify problem.

Can somebody help me to fix this?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kareem_Mohamed
Contributor
Contributor

you solved this problem yet? 

please if you do tell me how

thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Carlos

Hi @tr4nc3,

Could you please provide the URL of your website? Once I have this, we may be able to better make a determination as to what is causing guest checkout to not appear.

Thank you,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

MTS_Carlos

Hi @Kareem_Mohamed,

For your site https://kidsweirdkingdom.com, I show that you have an overall integration issue. Through my test on your site, I'm unable to even get to the payment methods to determine the reason PayPal guest checkout does not appear. Please file a request directly at https://www.paypal-support.com and an Integration Engineer will work directly with you to ensure your checkout properly populates and functions.

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Kareem_Mohamed
Contributor
Contributor

can you please check it again 

I removed it before you check because it wasn't work and I didn't know that you will check it 

but now I put it bake

check it again please

Login to Me Too

MTS_Carlos

Hi @Kareem_Mohamed ,

Apologies about the delayed response. You are currently using Express Checkout which by default guest checkout is not enabled.

With a Checkout custom-coded solution, there is an additional step: set SOLUTIONTYPE to Sole in your initial SetExpressCheckout API call.

• If you use a third-party shopping cart, work with them or your developer to implement this variable.
  • As long as SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole is passed in the SetExpressCheckout API, Guest Checkout will be enabled.
  • For SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole to work, you must have PayPal Account Optional set to On within the PayPal account settings.
  • Many third-party carts provide an Enable Guest Checkout option in the Administration view of their Checkout module.

Thank you,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Gaurav_IR
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for providing the solution in detail.

I am facing the same problem. Can you please let me know how can I change the code in API? I am using Shopify as ecommerce solution provider.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.