Got ripped off by paypal and a seller.

renee61
Contributor
Contributor

I got ripped off by paypal and seller. I order and authorized payment for a no contact thermometer and the cover or mask were free. So, I paid 19.98 for a thermometer I didn't get. But they sent some crappy throw away mask and try to settle by only giving me 8 dollars back. I said no and paypal took their side. This seller had a fake email and web page. It is suppose to be buyer's protection but that is a joke. They let you get scammed. I refuse to buy anymore from ebay. I will pay off paypal in July then I am done with them. They let you get scammed and they don't care. I got ripped off 19.98. I won't buy from them again. I bought something yesterday but that was before they backed the scammer up. That is it I refuse to go threw them anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

renee61
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal said they are giving me a refund for 19.98 out of their budget. So, never mind about being ripped off.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

renee61
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal said they are giving me a refund for 19.98 out of their budget. So, never mind about being ripped off.

Login to Me Too

fedup999

I got ripped off too. I ordered a camera that was supposed to be coming from NY. They said it shipped and even had a fake tracking number. Nothing ever came, the website disappeared and when I put in a claim with Paypal the seller was all in Chinese. Paypal's "Resolution" Center shows my case and just weekly extends the expected resolution date. They have been doing this for two months now. No one to talk to. No response to messages. Why would you use Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Ladynique07
Contributor
Contributor
Same here keep wanting you to get an intranet form i call ups they don't know what it is i call usps they don't know what it is i keep telling paypal no one knows what it is they say oh well no form so what. What the heck i have to lie for its my money the seller totally scammed me i nothing nothing from the seller
Login to Me Too

fairwaych102
New Community Member

I have just had the same experience paid for an item for £295 and have not received the item and have now been blocked by the seller reported to PayPal and they have closed my case saying they cannot see anything unauthorised for this transaction even tho I? have not received anything, no protection for buyers at all PayPal absolute joke!!!!

Login to Me Too

Grayrider
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I also got ripped off by seller and PayPal too.  I appealed three times to PayPal to no avail.  I ordered two items from the seller for $42.87 on May 12, 2020, paying with PayPal (authorized on May 14th).  PayPal sent me a USPS tracking number from the seller on May 14 indicating the items were shipped.  The tracking number showed that my order was delivered to an address in my zip code on May 12th, and that the shipping began on March 29th which is clearly incorrect since my order was placed on May 12th.  After checking with the local USPS, the tracking number provided by the seller was a legit tracking number and was delivered on May 12th to an address in my zip code, but it was clearly not my order and not my address.  PayPal checked with the seller three times because of my appeals and received the same fraudulent tracking number each time, and used that number to deny my claim.   I provided PayPal documentation proving my order was placed on May 12th and offered documentation from my local USPS showing the tracking number provided by the seller was clearly not for my order.  I also checked with the seller twice and received no responses.  I guess I should have known better, but I placed this order with a seller I thought was legit because they accepted PayPal.  Well that is clearly not the case.

Login to Me Too

renee61
Contributor
Contributor

File a dispute at the resolution center or maybe since you posted this they will reimburse you too. They did refund me 19.98 out of their budget not from seller. Just keep demanding your money back at the contact message center. I did that three times at message center. I hope they refund your money. It took them awhile before they refunded mind. About 6 to 8 weeks before I got my money back.

Login to Me Too

Grayrider
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Renee61,

I've reported this problem to PayPal 4 times.  I'm frustrated with PayPal's refusal or inability to see this transaction by the seller as suspicious or fraudulent.  The seller provided PayPal and PayPal accepted the same USPS tracking number on three occasions to prove my order had been delivered on May 12th.  The USPS tracking number, that I confirmed with my local post office, however, indicated that the shipping originated on March 29th, which is well before I placed my order with this seller, and was not in fact delivered to my address.  I plan to cancel my PayPal account as I'm not comfortable doing business with a company (PayPal) that essentially condones fraudulent activity by accepting information from sellers without determining if that information is valid for the transaction in question, and then using that same unverified information to deny claims from customers with legitimate issues.

Thanks for your help Renee61,

Grayrider

Login to Me Too

montrose28
Contributor
Contributor

I returned an item,using the label told to print out by the seller.Did everything right,seller says they did not get return and refused refund.This is not fair have had this looked at four times now,and it has just come back again as refused.I thought pay pal would be with me as I did nothing wrong.not so.

Login to Me Too

Grayrider
Contributor
Contributor

My case was denied 3 times.  I then worked my issue through the Message Center, as Renee61 recommended, and broke through the automated service to an agent after several attempts.  I was then able to explain to the agent my situation and attach the proper documentation proving my case.  I received a refund yesterday from the seller.  Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.