ExpressCheckout: Why 'Continue' clickable if user doesn't have or not want to create paypal account?

mpet
New Community Member

Hi Paypal users,

After reading the express checkout document. I want to confirm a few thing below with other paypal user in this community.

1) 'Express checkout' solution only works in the case that user has a paypal account having some debit/credit card attached OR user is willing to create a paypal account during the payment procedure. TRUE or FALSE?

2) If 1) is TRUE (which means user is not allowed to continue the payment without having OR create a paypal account), then why in the 'Express Checkout' dialog, after checked the option of  'No, I don't want to an account now',  'Continue' button still stays enabled/clickable? Shoud it be disabled?

3) If 1) is FALSE (which means user is allow to continue the payment without having OR create a paypal account). In this case, I am not able to make a successful payment with any test debit/credit number which is not associated to any paypal account.

4) If 1) is TRUE and if my application wants to supoort the payment without force user to create/have paypal account. Is the 'Standard' solution the only way to take?

Please feel free to share your ideas and experience. I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

#################

The screenshot is about the last step of 'Express Checkout':

1. user click 'Paypal Checkout' button from my application

2. the dialog opens with the total amount and currency type

3. user clicks 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card' button

4. user fills all required credit card info and click 'No, I don't want an account now'

5. then 'Continue' is still enabled and allow user to continue the payment.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 2.32.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-19 at 2.33.30 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AcadMedDC
New Community Member

Did the original poster ever get a solution to this? I am trying to figure out how to receive CC payments without forcing my users to create PayPal accounts if they don't want them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.