Express checkout quit working on our websites after 7:20 PM ET, 8/31/20.

ckk-staff
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using PayPal Express Checkout as an option on our websites for a couple of years with no problems. Both websites are on the same server. Our last PayPal order was about 7:20 PM ET on 08/31/20, but customers have been trying to use it all day. Even from my admin panel, I get the following message in the box that normally displays our PayPal balance. Error: The PayPal balance could not be retrieved. Please try again.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause a sudden failure? Our PWs have not changed. None of the files on our websites have changed, and we tried a server reboot.

When I checked the logs for SetExpressCheckout, the failed checkouts and successful checkouts look the same. The only difference is on the failed checkouts, SetExpressCheckout is the only log available.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ckk-staff
Contributor
Contributor

It is an issue with ext/modules/payment/paypal/paypal.com.crt. You have to replace that file with an updated version.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

UBWHrob
Contributor
Contributor

I was about to post EXACTLY the same issue.

Here is what out log looks like (osCommerce)Annotation 2020-09-02 145539.png

Can confirm no changes made on our side. Like the OP, has worked faultlessly for ages.

Login to Me Too

ckk-staff
Contributor
Contributor

That is exactly what I see, even after disabling and enabling the module, re-requesting the credentials and authorizing the module at PayPal, and rebooting our server.

Login to Me Too
Solved

ckk-staff
Contributor
Contributor

It is an issue with ext/modules/payment/paypal/paypal.com.crt. You have to replace that file with an updated version.

Login to Me Too

UBWHrob
Contributor
Contributor

OK!

This forum does not seem to have Private Messages.  Can you post the URL to the new file location please.

Login to Me Too

ckk-staff
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a link. My IT guy set it up. I tried Googling it but didn't find anything from PayPal. You may want to contact PayPal.

Login to Me Too

UBWHrob
Contributor
Contributor

Would you mind getting your IT guy to email me:

clark at ubwh.com.au

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.