Express Checkout API Address incorrect

MartynT
Contributor
Contributor

For the last few weeks I have been trying to make the service reps who reply in the message centre understand that a fault is being made when I purchase from a seller and use the Express Checkout. The whole point of the Express Checkout is that I can order with one click, therefore not needing to create an account with my address details as they should be supplied by PayPal. Since the beginning of this year my Express Checkout orders are being sent with incorrect address details and always the same fault - the Street name is being sent via the API as City name, I therefore get an email from PP informing me that the goods will be delivered to "Street + Nr; Postal code; Street; Country" instead of "Street + Nr; Postal code; City; Country". The address in my profile is correct and so I can not correct this problem. It could be that the mapping in the API is incorrect on the sellers side but I can not correct this either. In the last email discussion I had with a seller because the package did not arrive they informed me that it was not a problem they had previously seen. Has anybody any knowledge about how or why this should occur? Searching in previous posts has not shown the same problem. Secondly how can I get in touch with somebody at Paypal who actually understands what an API is and how it is used in an Express Checkout situation?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.