Error - This seller doesn't accept payments in your currency

ayushtyagi
Contributor
Contributor

So i'm trying to setup paypal on my woocommerce store and i'll be selling products all over the world. My store would be based in india which means i just need to accept payments in international currencies and local currency (INR). 

I have to paypal accounts - The first one is a paypal business account linked to the woocommerce store and the other paypal account is for my personal use. Now when i tried to test if the paypal Buy now button was working or not on my site (If the payment goes through or not), I logged into my personal payment account to pay for the product (transfer the money into my paypal business account) it threw me an error saying - "This seller doesn't accept payments in your currency" Now i talked to the customer support and they told me that being an Indian i can't receive money in local currency (INR) . For that i would need to setup a different payment method like Paytm or Razorpay etc. 
All that is fine but how do i test international payments on my website? The customer support asked me to wait for a customer to try paying for a product to see if the payment goes through or not. Which sounded very stupid to be honest because i'm not going to spend on ads to acquire international customers just to 'test' if the payment is going through or not via paypal only to lose that customer in the end. I don't know anyone in a different country who can try paying me in an international currency. Can someone help me find a solution ? I just want to see if the payment gateway is working for international customers or not.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.